Refrigerant Storage Requirements at Ambient Temperature
If the refrigerant is to be stored at room temperature, there are certain requirements. If we do not pay attention, it may cause safety accidents. The following are the storage requirements for some refrigerants at room temperature.
(1) Refrigerants are generally stored in steel cylinders, and different types of refrigerants have different pressure requirements for steel cylinders. In order to distinguish different types of refrigerants, different colors are powdered on the refrigerant cylinders. For example, refrigerant R717 bottles use yellow, and refrigerant R22 and refrigerant R404A bottles use silver. In order to further distinguish the refrigerant, the code or name of the refrigerant needs to be indicated on the cylinder to avoid confusion.
(2) Cylinders storing refrigerants cannot be interchanged. Cylinders storing refrigerants are prohibited from being exposed to the sun or near flames and high temperatures. At the same time, the steel cylinders are prevented from colliding with each other during the storage process to avoid the danger of explosion.
(3) The control valve on the steel cylinder is usually protected by some caps or iron covers. After use, the removed caps or iron covers must be reinstalled to prevent damage due to impact during transportation.
(4) When the refrigerant is used up, the control valve should be closed immediately and a plug should be installed on the bottle mouth to prevent air or water vapor from infiltrating. For large-size refrigerant cylinders, caps should be worn to prevent damage to the cylinder valve during transportation.
(5) If a large number of refrigerants leaks during the refrigerant storage process, the doors and windows must be opened for convection ventilation. Avoid suffocation. If the refrigerant is drawn from the refrigeration system, cold water should be used to flush the cylinder during this process to cool the cylinder temperature. The amount of refrigerant injected can only account for 80% of the volume of the cylinder. The purpose of this is to allow the refrigerant to have a certain expansion space at room temperature.
There are many things that need to be paid attention to in the process of refrigerant storage, and we must pay attention to this. If you still don’t know much about the storage of refrigerants after reading the above points of attention, you can contact us for more information and solutions in this regard.
We are a professional refrigerant manufacturer, we have rich experience and comprehensive quality control to ensure the safety and quality of products. We are committed to providing customers with the most innovative and reliable technology. If you want to buy our high-quality refrigerants, please contact us immediately!