How to Drain the Refrigerant in the System?
If there is no place to store the refrigerant in the system, then the refrigerant must either be stored in the refrigeration cylinder outside the machine, or the system must be purged and emptied with recovery (recirculation) equipment. In order to safely empty the refrigerant in the system, we need to strictly follow these steps.
(1) Use a pipe to connect the refrigerant storage bottle (if used) to the middle opening of the manifold.
(2) Tighten the end of the pipe connected to the refrigerant bottle, and loosen the end of the pipe connected to the manifold, so that the pipe can be purged.
(3) Open the valve of the refrigerant bottle, and the discharged gas can drive out the air in the pipe.
(4)Tighten the pipe end on the manifold and screw in the exhaust operation valve core to close the exhaust pipe of the compressor. Check for leaks and start the compressor. The pressure cannot exceed the normal condensing pressure of the refrigerant used.
Cooling the refrigerant bottle with ice or water or making the compressor run intermittently (that is, there is a short pause between two runs) can avoid excessive discharge pressure.
(5) Except for the exhaust operation valve, all the valves operate the compressor when they are open.
(6) Turn off the compressor after maintaining a stable low pressure for a few minutes. Never let the compressor pump oil, because hydraulic pressure will seriously damage the compressor and pipelines.
(7) Carefully heating the liquid reservoir and the hairdryer can speed up the emptying process. You can use heat lamps or hot water. Never use a welding torch, because it will melt the fuse plug and the welding head. Never make any parts or parts hot enough to be touched by your hands.
(8) After all the refrigerant in the system is discharged into the refrigerant bottle, turn off the compressor.
(9) Open the low-pressure side manifold valve until the reading of the vacuum pressure gauge reaches 101.3kPa. This approach allows sufficient refrigerant vapor to return to the system to balance the pressure in the entire system.
Any part of the system can now be removed. Before opening the system, always keep the manifold pressure gauge on the system, because the pressure of the system must be known during the first step of disassembly. As mentioned above, clean and dry all the connectors to be disassembled.
(10) Once the parts are removed, immediately block the refrigerant openings, and it is unnecessary to discharge chlorofluorocarbons into the atmosphere. This is a concern for all maintenance personnel. Before discharging any kind of refrigerant into the atmosphere, we must first consider the requirements of local laws and regulations. Whether maintenance personnel can discharge refrigerant into the atmosphere depends on the type of refrigerant and relevant laws.
It should be noted that if the refrigerant needs to be filled back into the original equipment, the refrigerant can be temporarily stored in a clean refrigerant bottle with facilities to purify it. If you want to know more about refrigerants after reviewing the above, you can contact us for a comprehensive solution.
With excellent R&D technology and quality service, we have quickly become one of the leading manufacturers of refrigerants and fluoropolymers. We have an experienced production team and a strict quality inspection system, strictly in accordance with the production standards to ensure the safety of products. At the same time, we will provide thoughtful one-stop service and effective solution technology according to the actual needs of customers. If you are interested in our refrigerants, please contact us immediately!