The function of the refrigerant is mainly to transfer heat through the change of its physical state. It circulates continuously in the refrigeration system. Under its evaporation pressure, the liquid refrigeration system can absorb heat and evaporate into a gas, while under the condensing pressure. The gaseous refrigerant emits heat and liquefies, and the heat is transferred in the device of the continuous circulation system, so the refrigerant is an indispensable working substance that transfers heat in the refrigeration system.
When storing and distributing refrigerant, we need to pay attention to the following items to prevent refrigerant leakage and even some accidents.
Most refrigerants are stored in steel cylinders. When storing, pay attention to:
(1) Cylinders storing refrigerants must undergo a pressure test and be inspected regularly.
(2) Cylinders should be stored in a cool place, avoid direct sunlight, and avoid close to high temperatures. Knocking is forbidden during transportation and should be handled with care to prevent explosions.
(3) Keep away from fire sources when charging refrigerant. Do not discharge into the room at will, especially when there is an open fire in the room, chlorofluorocarbons will produce phosgene in case of fire and cause people to be poisoned.
(4) Take labor protection measures, such as wearing gloves and glasses, to prevent frostbite.
(5) There should be absolutely no chronic leakage in the cylinder valve, and the valve should be regularly leak tested.
(6) Indoor air circulation should be ensured, and ventilation equipment should be installed. Once refrigerant leakage occurs, it should be ventilated immediately.
(7) Different refrigerants should use fixed special steel cylinders, and steel cylinders containing different refrigerants should not be interchanged. The outside of the bottle should be marked with an obvious brand name, quantity, and quality information to prevent mistakes.
(8) The ammonia bottle is painted yellow and the freon cylinder is painted silver-gray, and the name of the stored refrigerant is marked on the cylinder.
(9)When the refrigerant in the cylinder is used up, the control valve should be closed immediately to avoid leakage of air and water vapor.
Precautions for Refrigerant Packing
When distributing the refrigerant in the large bottle to the small bottle, pay attention to the following points:
(1) The vial also needs to undergo a pressure test and a leak test. The vials should be dried before filling, and the weight should be marked on the outside of the bottle.
(2) Put the big bottle upside down and stand it up high. The vial is placed on the scale, and the copper tube should be connected with a flexible connection to reduce the impact on the weighing. An ice tray or cold water tray can be placed under the vial.
(3) Open the large bottle valve first, and then open the small bottle valve when filling. When the filling volume is reached, the large bottle valve should be closed first, and then the small bottle valve should be closed after applying a hot cloth to the connecting tube.
(4) The filling volume of the vial should not exceed 70% to 80% of the full volume.
(5) After sub-packaging, close the valves of the large and small bottles and remove the connecting pipes, check the weight of the small bottles, and seal the valve ports of the large and small bottles with sealing caps.
If you want to know more about refrigerants after reading the above, you can contact FOTECH for professional advice.
As a professional manufacturer of refrigerants and fluoropolymers, we have accumulated rich manufacturing experience in this field. We have a professional production team that strictly implements each link of production in accordance with the standards, and is also equipped with a strict quality inspection system to provide customers with high-quality and safe products. We always put the needs of customers first and can provide customers with thoughtful one-stop services and develop effective solutions. If you are interested in our refrigerants, please contact us immediately!